Roasted Red Pepper and Fennel Soup
1. 2 lbs of roasted red peppers with skin removed-( about 5-6 large peppers cooked)
2. 1 finely diced large bulb of fennel
3. 2 T. minced garlic
4. 2 t. fresh thyme
5. 3 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6. 2 T. Tomato Paste
7. 5 c. sugar free chicken stock
8. 1/4 t. onion salt
9. 1/4 t. garlic salt
10. Sea Salt + Pepper to taste
1. Heat a medium sized stock pot over high heat.
2. Next, add olive oil. Allow oil to heat for 1 minute.
3. Then, add garlic, thyme, fennel and dried spices. Sautee until golden brown.
4. Adjust heat of pan to medium, then add roasted peppers to pan.
5. Next, add tomato paste- blending it into all other ingredients in pan.
6. Finally, add chicken stock, and simmer for 10-13 min
7. Add S+P to taste.
8. Lastly, remove soup from pot and place in blender ( I use my Ninja) and puree for 25-45 seconds.
9. Remove soup puree from Ninja, and serve warm.
10. Serve with optional garnishment, I used oregano.
If you made this recipe, feel free to share it with others! As always please let me know how you enjoyed it and what you may change to give it a better/different taste!
~ Ideal Protein Tiffany