SO, I came up with this recipe for dinner one night and apparently, I am obsessed with the ENDLESS possibilities of the UNRESTRICTED garlic & herb chips!- I decided to shake things up a bit and do a “breaded chicken” - WOWZA, this will be a week night fav!
- (1) IP packet of Garlic & Herb Chips (crushed into crumbs- I use a ziploc bag and rolling pin)
- 8 oz of chicken cutlets ( to make fresh, from breasts: see how to instructions, here)
- 2 t. EVOO, split in half
- 2 T. fresh minced oregano
- 2 T. fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 c. basil leaves (washed)
- 1 whole garlic roasted- (meat removed) (see recipe here)
- 2 drops of lemon juice OR light squeeze of fresh small lemon
- S+P (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In food processor, combine: basil, garlic, 1t. EVOO, lemon juice and S+P. Puree for 20 seconds.
- Next, in shallow medium-sized bowl combine: IP garlic & herb chips, with fresh oregano and parsley, thus forming a “bread crumb topping”.
- On wax paper, lightly brush chicken cutlet with remaining EVOO.
- Place EVOO side down in the combined “breadcrumb” topping. Press cutlet light into mixture, once this has been done remove cutlet from bowl and place on wax paper (breaded side down).
- Remove basil-garlic mixture from food processor, spoon 1-2 t. of puree onto (naked side) cutlet.
- Next, lightly roll the chicken cutlet from smallest end, towards largest forming a “stuffed” chicken cutlet.
- Place chicken cutlet in lightly sprayed Jelly Roll Pan or in rectangular 9x9 oven-safe stoneware.
- Repeat steps 3-7 until all cutlets have been prepped ( 8 oz should make between 4-6 stuffed chicken cutlets)
- Spray cutlets lightly with PAM/ EVOO spray.
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes, or until temperature of chicken is 190degrees. Breadcrumb topping should be light golden brown