I made these once, when I first started doing IP. Since then, I had forgotten about this recipe...until a reader emailed me and asked me to do a blog post on “snacks”. Well here you go, Anna! This is a great “snack” that can be portioned controlled and is quite filling! It is also great for when you’re on-the-go and need something quick to fight those hunger pains! OR, you could have a “couple” servings for breakfast towards your day’s total protein requirements, works for all phases of the Ideal Protein diet.
Serving Size/Nutrition: each serving contains 2 oz. protein with 1/4 c. veggies
1/4 c. Fat Free Milk
7-8 slices of medium/medium well reduced sodium bacon ( or you could use turkey bacon, I recommend Goodshall’s thick sliced turkey bacon)
1 1/4 c. sauteed spinach ( to acheive this, use about 3c. fresh spinach)
2 c. diced red peppers ( these are great sauteed, if you do sautee be sure to drain excess liquid before combining into recipe, as it will turn the frittata soggy)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with EVOO PAM! Spray ( I find while PAM! is the most expensive, it works the best- it really is non stick, and that’s what you’ll be looking for with this recipe, easy clean up!)
3. Next in small mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly, as if making scrambled eggs.
4. Whisk in milk, until fully blended into egg mixture.
5. Then, equally pour egg mixture into 12 individual portions of muffin pan, (for our purposes it is serving as a frittata pan) unless you have ramekins which may be used.
6. Next, combine your “filling” in a medium sized bowl: sauteed spinach, diced peppers and crispy bacon
7. Then, spoon your filling mixture into each portioned egg.
8. Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, once egg has set.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Please remember the portion of this recipe is as follows, “ recipe serves 12,each serving contains 2 oz. protein with 1/4 c. veggies"
Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy the recipes, & tips. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions concerning Ideal Protein! Click the social media icon at the top right hand corner, or follow along on INSTAGRAM @idealproteintiffany oe #idealproteintiffany.