I think what makes this recipe is the Sweet Onion Dressing from Walden Farms, so be sure to not obmit it. I hope you enjoy the dish as much as I did, and as always let me know if you have any suggestions how to make this recipe even better!
Chicken & Broccoli with Cauliflower Fried Rice
Yields: 1 serving, consisting of 8 oz protein with 2c. vegetables
6 oz boneless skinless chicken, sliced into strips ( I used tenders for this, and it worked just fine)
1 T. Walden Farms Sweet Onion Dressing
1 egg (fried)
1/4 c. egg whites (fried)
1 c. shaved cauliflower (easy to shave if you put in a food processor, I use my Ninja for this)
1 c. broccoli
1 1/2 t. EVOO
2 t. Tamari ( if you don't have this, you can use reduced sodium soy sauce)
1. In a small ziploc bag pour the Walden Farms Sweet Onion Dressing. Then, add chicken to dressing. Seal tight, and shake bag to ensure dressing coats chicken, thus forming a marinade. Refrigerate this for at least 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Line cookie sheet with foil, place broccoli on foil-lined pan. Then drizzle half of Tamari over broccoli.
4. Then, roast broccoli in oven for 15-18 minutes.
5. While broccoli is roasting, remove chicken from refrigerator. Turn on George Foreman grill, and heat to "Medium".
6. Place chicken on George Foreman grill, and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side. Chicken should be a golden brown when finished, and "white" when you cut into it- no pinkness should show.
7. Then, in large skillet, heat pan with EVOO over medium heat.
8. Next, add in shaved cauliflower. Cook over medium heat for approximately 10-12 minutes. While this is cooking, remove broccoli from oven, and turn oven off. Allow broccoli to cool.
9. Add fried egg, chicken, broocoli and tamari to cauliflower. Mix in skillet until it is all blended. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
10. Remove from heat and serve, best served with a drizzle of tamari on top! Enjoy!